Ganesh Visarjan Muhurat 2023 Time is on Thursday, September 28, 2023. It is the last day of the 10-day Ganesh Chaturthi festival, which marks the birth of Lord Ganesha. On this day, devotees immerse the idols of Lord Ganesha in water bodies, bidding him farewell.
Ganesh Visarjan Muhurat Timings
Auspicious timings for Ganesh Visarjan on Anant Chaturdashi 2023 are as follows
- Morning: 6:11 AM to 7:40 AM
- Afternoon: 10:42 AM to 3:10 PM
- Evening: 4:41 PM to 9:10 PM
Significance of Ganesh Visarjan
Ganesh Visarjan is a symbolic gesture of Lord Ganesha’s return to his heavenly abode. It is also a reminder that all things in life are impermanent, and that we must cherish the moments we have.
How to Perform Ganesh Visarjan
Before immersing the idol of Lord Ganesha, devotees perform a simple puja. They offer flowers, fruits, and sweets to the idol, and chant mantras in his praise. After the puja, the idol is taken to a nearby water body, such as a river, lake, or pond. Devotees then immerse the idol in the water, singing and dancing with joy.
Tips for Ganesh Visarjan
Use eco-friendly idols made of clay or natural materials.
Avoid immersing idols in polluted water bodies.
Be careful while immersing the idol, especially if you are doing it with children.
Clean up the area after visarjan to ensure that it is not littered.
Ganesh Visarjan is a joyous occasion for devotees of Lord Ganesha. It is a time to bid farewell to the beloved deity and to thank him for his blessings. It is also a time to reflect on the impermanence of life and to cherish the moments we have.
Celebrating Ganesh Visarjan in a safe and eco-friendly manner
- Use public transportation or walk to the visarjan site. This will help to reduce traffic congestion and air pollution.
- Avoid using plastic bags and other disposable items. Instead, bring your own reusable bags and containers.
- Dispose of your garbage properly. Do not litter the visarjan site or the surrounding area.
- Be respectful of other devotees and their religious beliefs.
May Lord Ganesha bless us all with his wisdom and compassion.